While lecturing Statistics I am used to demonstrate relevance of topics using subject specific examples, use data in form of tables, use visual tools such as graphs and then through algebraic manipulation, so that students can feel leaning Statistics, a lively experience instead of devolving the feel of something mechanical, in nature. Students are advised to practice, visualize similar examples and give feedback if they face any difficulty in understanding the subject.
Seminars and computer lab sessions are supplemented by use of digitized learning tools such as databases and packages namely Stata, Minitab, SPSS, Maple, Win QSB and Nvivo.
En av våre beste lærere! Profil av høy kvalitet, verifiserte diplomer, svargaranti. Syed organiserer nøye det første kurset.
I have long standing interest and expertise in teaching Statistics courses at the levels of VGS, Bachelor's and Master's level.
In spite of my pedagogical experience at university level, I have formally taken a couple of courses in education/ pedagogy: 'Introduction to International Education and Development'; 'The Role of Education in Social Development in the Global South'; 'Education, Culture and Sustainable Development'; and 'Epistemology, research methods and statistics'.
I have published 15 Journal articles, while 13 of my papers are also published in International Conferences proceedings. During my career I handled 2 contractual research projects, as consultant. I have extensive experience of supervising researches in domain of Social Sciences and in Humanities. So far, I have supervised over 141 student papers etc.
In recognition of my serveries in academics and in research, I was recently been invited as international guest at the Peradeniya Research Symposium.
For regular tutoring, the above fee is applied. For technical feedback on homework and assignment etc. we need to negotiate the fee.
Selected Journal Publications and International Conference Proceedings:
• History of the Childhood Oppression, Inter-temporal resentment and Compliance with Codes of Harassment at the workplace: An Offender’s Perspective'. Business Ethics and Leadership, Volume 3, Issue 4. ISSN (online) 2520-6311. With H. Butt
• Modeling Spillover effects of Leapfrog development and Urban sprawl upon Institutional delinquencies. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, Volume 216. With M. H. Noon.
• Educational status, the Social Demonstration effect and inclination to Save: Findings of a Cross sectional model. International Journal of Economic Policy in Emerging Economies, vol. 9, issue 3, pp 248-271. Electronic ISSN: 1752-0460. With M. Q. Asad.
• Outreach of Financial institutions, access to Information and Energy substitutability: A Case for photovoltaic energy preferences in Agriculture sector, International Journal of Environmental Science and Development, Vol. 7, No. 8. With R. R. Ullah.
• Inter-Jurisdictional governance coordination, community support and compliance with the ILO 169 convention on indigenous rights: Findings of a Cross-sectional study of indigenous people of Kalash. International Journal of Interdisciplinary Social Science Studies, Volume 1, Issue 1, pp 4-14. Electronic ISSN. 2397-6942: Publisher: FLE Learning Ltd. With M. Ghalib.
• An Assessment into the Risk Factors in Inter-Temporal Sustainability of Cropping Sector. 18th International Academic Conference, London, United Kingdom, pp 358-371. Electronic ISBN: 978-80-87927-11-3. With B. Khan.
• Impact assessment of International policy coordination with the WTO Technical barriers to trade agreement and Foreign financial assistance upon the intent to comply with the agreement: Findings of a Cross-sectional study of Mango exporters. International Journal of Economic Policy in Emerging Economies, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 9(3), pp 197-225. Electronic ISSN: 1752-0460. With M. U. Bajwa.
• Self condemnation, Indebtedness and Financial Stress: Findings of a Cross-sectional Study. European Scientific Journal, Vol.SE1, pp 71-88. Electronic ISSN: 1857-7431. Publisher: European Scientific Institute. With H. N. Zaman.
• Foreign Investment, Technological Diffusion and Competiveness of Exports: A Case for Textile Industry. International Journal of Economics and Management Engineering. Vol: 9, No: 10, Electronic ISSN: 2226.-7344. With M. Awais.
• Impact Assessment of the Social Demonstration Effect and Religiosity upon Charitable Spending: Findings of a Cross Sectional Study. 19th International Academic Conference, Florence. pp 3-23. Publisher: International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences ISBN 978-80-87927-15-1. With B. Maqbool
• Reciprocity and Interdependence in bilateral ties between Pakistan & India: A Game theoretic explanation. Proceeding, Law Conference 2015 (Cambridge) Series. With A. Ahmed
• An Assessment into the Drift in Direction of International Migration of Labor: Changing Aspirations for Religiosity and Cultural Assimilation. ICIMHS 2015: International Conference on International Migration and Human Security, Zurich, Switzerland. With R. Zulfiqar
• Openness of economy, Foreign investment inflows and Rent seeking behavior. Eurasian Journal of Economics and Finance, 2015, vol. 3, issue 3, pp.45-64, Electronic ISSN: 2148- 0192. With F. Manzoor.
• Geopolitics of International relations, US political regimes and the incidence of US bilateral Aid. GSTF Journal of Law and Social Sciences (JLSS) , Volume 4, Issue 1. With H. Imran.
• Political Economy of Regime switching and preferences for Inter-temporal Consumption. Review of Integrative Business & Economics Research. Vol 3(2). With F Tanvir.
• Modeling Socioeconomic and Political dynamics of Terrorism, ICCTHS 2014: International Conference on Counter Terrorism and Human Security, Zurich, Switzerland. Published in International Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences, Vol. 8, No. 7. With O. Younus.
• Impact assessment of Central bank autonomy & Exchange rate regimes upon Exchange rate volatility. Global Interdisciplinary Business-Economics Advancement Conference GIBA. Conference Proceeding, pp 242-250. Electronic ISSN: 2333-4207. With S. Raza.
• Impact Assessment of State of Technology & the WTO Trade Related Intellectual Property Rights (TRIPs) Agreement upon the Export Intensity of Textile Sector Exporters. Global Interdisciplinary Business-Economics Advancement Conference GIBA. Conference Proceedings, pp 816-826. Electronic ISSN: 2333-4207. With A. Mehboob.
• Modeling Spillover effects of bilateral Trade upon sustainability of economic growth. ICBEF 2014: International Conference on Business, Economics and Finance. With T. H. Alvi
• Political deprivations, Political risk and the extent of Skilled Labor Migration: Finding of a Time-Series analysis. ICIMHS: International Conference on International Migration and Human Security, Zurich, Switzerland. Published in International Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences Vol. 8, No. 7. With H. Hamid.
• Worked as Consultant on a project titled ’Governance, Legislative structure, Organizational Structure & HR, Infrastructure and Facility Arrangement at PSIC’. (2017).
• Worked as Consultant on a project titled ’Impact Assessment of Removal of Natural Gas Subsidy for Fertilizer Industry and the Cost –Benefit Analysis of allocation of Natural Gas for Cement, Power or the Fertilizer Sector’. (2001-02).
Perfekt! Syed is a fantastic tutor, who is flexible with choice of his leaning technique, as he realizes deficiency of his student: teaches mathematical tools with explanation about their relevance, Very understanding and caring man, who spends time and explains topics in syllabus in a simple and good way. Initially, I was skeptical about spending hours with him through the webcam, but he managed things par excellence. It was like I was with him under the same roof. Syed is a tutor I would highly recommend, and you won't regret it for a second.
Good promising person, with good manners and urge of career development.
Perfekt! A competent person with grasp and communication! He made incredible progress with my Biostatistics course, specifically in context of Epidemiology and inferential statistics topics, through tutoring and by use of the Stata package. My shyness and anxiety in dealing with quantitative topics has much been relieved due to his coaching. Memorable experience for me to have learnt from Syed.
I had interesting experience of teaching Thomas, online at a time of virus spread.
Perfekt! Extremely privileged to have learned from Syed! His relentless contribution and generous guide as a Research Specialist/Analyst/ Supervisor to academicians, and exceptional knowledge of both qualitative research and quantitative modeling: econometric and statistical analysis is just a small reflection of his capabilities and strengths.
We had good experience of learning and coaching online, at a time of self isolation due to the virus spread.
Perfekt! Syed is passionate, enthusiastic and above all, quite a stable headed person with natural inclination to approach rather complex situations, with clarity. His knowledge and exposure to deal with quantitative research seem to be deeply grounded in understanding of econometrics, statistics and mathematics, and he is used to demonstrate expertise in this regard tremendously and repeatedly. His worthy guidance, and comments may especially be seen as invaluable for research students, persons who are doing thesis for the first time in their life, and for those who seek guidance in quantitative methods.
Learnt tools of visual Statistics, so that to see how the data may appropriately be presented, with relevance.
Perfekt! Utmerket ! Syed er en hyggelig person, med mye erfaring og evne til å forenkle tekniske konsepter. Mye anbefalt.
Manages learnt inferential statistics and hypothesis testing, specifically. We had good tutorial sessions.
Perfekt! Jeg føler meg heldig og glad for å ha lært av Syed. Han har mye erfaring og evnen til å undervise ved hjelp av eksempler. Jeg lærte nyttige verktøy for visuell Staistics fra ham.
Syed is passionate, competent and stable headed. Manages time and difficult situations ,effectively. Highly recommended for trouble shooting as part of research/ thesis or in domain of quantitative modeling.
Syed er en fantastisk veileder, som er fleksibel med valg av sin benyttede teknikk, ettersom han innser mangel på studenten sin: lærer matematiske verktøy med forklaring om deres relevans, veldig forståelsesfull og omsorgsfull mann, som bruker tid og forklarer emner i pensum på en enkel og god måte. Til å begynne med var jeg skeptisk til å tilbringe timer med ham gjennom webkameraet, men han klarte ting ypperlig. Det var som om jeg var sammen med ham under samme tak. Syed er en veileder jeg vil anbefale på det sterkeste, og du vil ikke angre et øyeblikk.
An incredibly knowledgeable, helpful and so calm person! So much support I received along the way and with positive feedback which gave me the confidence that no matter how difficult some courses are, it goes with right help. I sought help in quantitative methods to ensure my proficiency. Everything just seems so simple when right person helps and explain it. This right person was Syed. Best teacher.
Passionate and Superb! Syed is a competent teacher with diversity and depth. I managed to grasp many technical concepts in domain of advanced regression. Highly recommended for quantitative methods and economics courses!
Proficient and dependable! Syed is an outstanding researcher as well as an excellent mentor with lots of precision and patience in his coaching and in providing the feedback. I found him to be an extremely professional person with quality knowledge, immense proficiency in research skills and untiring nature. From adjusting my original research notions into well structured research hypothesis, to structuring research design and in choosing quantitative tools to suit research needs, he has been superb. Despite the fact that I spent quite some time while working on my thesis, I was surprised to see how the academic value of my dissertation improved within a short frame of time, because of his continual feedback. With his guidance I was able to experiment Autoregressive distributed lag ARDL models, Autoregressive Moving average ARMA models as well as Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity ARCH models, as part of my dissertation. I would highly recommend Syed, to students of research methods, quantitative modeling and to beginner’s in research who are in search of a mentor who will increase their capabilities drastically over a short space of time.
Syed er fabelaktig og utmerket i sin coaching og problemløsning innenfor forskning og kvantitative metoder. Han er veldig dedikert.
Han gir faglig støtte, veiledning og hjelp til problemløsing på en enestående måte. Det er ingen tvil om at hans faglige kompetanse er på et veldig høyt nivå, og han er samvittighetsfull og ryddig, og jeg opplevde ham som oppriktig opptatt av å ønske og gjøre sitt ytterste for å hjelpe meg til å bli så god som mulig. Han svarte raskt på alle mine henvendelser, noe som gjorde at jeg hadde en god fremgang i arbeidet mitt med emnet. Han har en god skriftlig fremstillingsevne, og det er til stor hjelp når det gjelder veiledning med tanke på oppgaver og / eller forelesninger.
Jeg anbefaler studenter på forskning og kvantitative metoder om å søke veiledning fra han.
There is a saying of Steve Jobs “It didn’t make sense to hire smart people and tell them what to do; we hire smart people so they can tell us what to do.” The competent’ is the expression that comes to mind when I think about Syed. ”He is that smart avid person who inspires everyone in organization with his intellectual, creative, responsible, calm, witty, cool headed attitude. He was second to me in a research project. Every morning he used to come with innovative ideas and strategies. He was really a source of motivation and inspiration at that time, and we applied many of his tactics in our client’s financial and strategy plans. I was always looking forward to enjoy Syed’s capacity to influence a meeting and get people on board with his analytical ideas—even people who were initially on completely different pages.” As a team leader, responsible professional Syed earns my highest respect and recommend.”
I can absolutely recommend Syed to students that are struggling with quantitative methods and statistics (or just if you want to extend your knowledge or skills in applied aspects of quantitative skills). He is a really good teacher and explain things in an easy manner. I have learned a lot from the tutoring with him.
Syed is passionate, enthusiastic and above all, quite a stable headed person with natural inclination to approach rather complex situations, with clarity. His knowledge and exposure to deal with quantitative research seem to be deeply grounded in understanding of econometrics, statistics and mathematics, and he is used to demonstrate expertise in this regard tremendously and repeatedly. His worthy guidance, and comments may especially be seen as invaluable for research students, persons who are doing thesis for the first time in their life, and for those who seek guidance in quantitative methods.
Mr. Syed is hardworking, well organized and carries good communication skills. I have always enjoyed his lectures and formal/ informal discussion sessions. I found him very keen to develop academic and presentation skills in his students. He carries a good combination of quantitative, analytical and presentation skills. Syed has an excellent command in disciplines of business, economic theory, statistics, computing and applied econometrics.
|Hos ham||Hos deg||Via webcam|
|1 time||Ikke tilgjengelig||Ikke tilgjengelig||500kr|
|5 timer||Ikke tilgjengelig||Ikke tilgjengelig||2500kr|
|10 timer||Ikke tilgjengelig||Ikke tilgjengelig||5000kr|