While tutoring, I am used to emphasize on relevance of topics in quantitative analysis, using specific examples from within the area of applicability, data mining and visual tools and then through methodological manipulation, so that students can feel learning quantitative skills, a lively experience instead of developing the feel of something mechanical, in nature. Students are advised to practice, visualize similar examples and give feedback if they face any difficulty in understanding the subject.
Topical lessons are supplemented by use of digitized learning tools such as databases and packages namely Stata, Minitab, and SPSS. There has been a growing tendency of the use of quantitative tools in social science and in humanities subjects, though in pure sciences there is a long history of quantitative orientation.
Regardless of your preferences for qualitative research, doing quantitative research and the ability to evaluate quantitative works should not be a limitation/ inability, for persons who have their full career ahead. In last one decade or so, lots of literature has been published on data mining as well as on abuse of data mining, so I believe that choice of the valid tools for doing a meaningful work and their careful application, is the need of the hour for students and researchers. I initiated application of digitized tools in my lecturing and research, early, so can conveniently handle issues pertaining to choice of methodological tools as well as experimenting these relevant tools, using analysis analysis packages.
En av våre beste lærere! Profil av høy kvalitet, verifiserte diplomer, svargaranti. Syed organiserer nøye det første kurset.
I have long standing interest and expertise in teaching Quantitative methods, Applied Model Building and Econometrics courses for over 20 years, at Bachelor's and Master's level.
My own researches as well as my research supervision extensively involve Econometric modelling such as applications of Time Series models (GLS, ARDL, ARMA, ARCH-GARCH, VAR), Models of Binary Choice (Logit, Probit, and the Tobit series), Econometrics of Survey data ( Ordered Probit, Ordered Logistic and Multinomial models of categorical data) and last but not the least, econometrics of the count data (Poisson and Negative Binomial Regression).
In spite of my pedagogical experience at university level, I have formally taken a couple of courses in education/ pedagogy: 'Introduction to International Education and Development'; 'The Role of Education in Social Development in the Global South'; 'Education, Culture and Sustainable Development'; and 'Epistemology and research methods'.
I have published 15 Journal articles, while 13 of my papers are also published in International Conferences proceedings. During my career I handled 2 contractual research projects, as consultant. I have extensive experience of supervising researches in domain of Social Sciences and in Humanities. So far, I have supervised over 141 student papers etc.
In recognition of my serveries in academics and in research, I was recently been invited as international guest at the Peradeniya Research Symposium.
For regular tutoring, the above fee is applied. For technical feedback on homework and assignment etc. we need to negotiate the fee.
Selected Journal Publications and International Conference Proceedings:
• History of the Childhood Oppression, Inter-temporal resentment and Compliance with Codes of Harassment at the workplace: An Offender’s Perspective'. Business Ethics and Leadership, Volume 3, Issue 4. ISSN (online) 2520-6311. With H. Butt
• Modeling Spillover effects of Leapfrog development and Urban sprawl upon Institutional delinquencies. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, Volume 216. With M. H. Noon.
• Educational status, the Social Demonstration effect and inclination to Save: Findings of a Cross sectional model. International Journal of Economic Policy in Emerging Economies, vol. 9, issue 3, pp 248-271. Electronic ISSN: 1752-0460. With M. Q. Asad.
• Outreach of Financial institutions, access to Information and Energy substitutability: A Case for photovoltaic energy preferences in Agriculture sector, International Journal of Environmental Science and Development, Vol. 7, No. 8. With R. R. Ullah.
• Inter-Jurisdictional governance coordination, community support and compliance with the ILO 169 convention on indigenous rights: Findings of a Cross-sectional study of indigenous people of Kalash. International Journal of Interdisciplinary Social Science Studies, Volume 1, Issue 1, pp 4-14. Electronic ISSN. 2397-6942: Publisher: FLE Learning Ltd. With M. Ghalib.
• An Assessment into the Risk Factors in Inter-Temporal Sustainability of Cropping Sector. 18th International Academic Conference, London, United Kingdom, pp 358-371. Electronic ISBN: 978-80-87927-11-3. With B. Khan.
• Impact assessment of International policy coordination with the WTO Technical barriers to trade agreement and Foreign financial assistance upon the intent to comply with the agreement: Findings of a Cross-sectional study of Mango exporters. International Journal of Economic Policy in Emerging Economies, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 9(3), pp 197-225. Electronic ISSN: 1752-0460. With M. U. Bajwa.
• Self condemnation, Indebtedness and Financial Stress: Findings of a Cross-sectional Study. European Scientific Journal, Vol.SE1, pp 71-88. Electronic ISSN: 1857-7431. Publisher: European Scientific Institute. With H. N. Zaman.
• Foreign Investment, Technological Diffusion and Competiveness of Exports: A Case for Textile Industry. International Journal of Economics and Management Engineering. Vol: 9, No: 10, Electronic ISSN: 2226.-7344. With M. Awais.
• Impact Assessment of the Social Demonstration Effect and Religiosity upon Charitable Spending: Findings of a Cross Sectional Study. 19th International Academic Conference, Florence. pp 3-23. Publisher: International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences ISBN 978-80-87927-15-1. With B. Maqbool
• Reciprocity and Interdependence in bilateral ties between Pakistan & India: A Game theoretic explanation. Proceeding, Law Conference 2015 (Cambridge) Series. With A. Ahmed
• An Assessment into the Drift in Direction of International Migration of Labor: Changing Aspirations for Religiosity and Cultural Assimilation. ICIMHS 2015: International Conference on International Migration and Human Security, Zurich, Switzerland. With R. Zulfiqar
• Openness of economy, Foreign investment inflows and Rent seeking behavior. Eurasian Journal of Economics and Finance, 2015, vol. 3, issue 3, pp.45-64, Electronic ISSN: 2148- 0192. With F. Manzoor.
• Geopolitics of International relations, US political regimes and the incidence of US bilateral Aid. GSTF Journal of Law and Social Sciences (JLSS) , Volume 4, Issue 1. With H. Imran.
• Political Economy of Regime switching and preferences for Inter-temporal Consumption. Review of Integrative Business & Economics Research. Vol 3(2). With F Tanvir.
• Modeling Socioeconomic and Political dynamics of Terrorism, ICCTHS 2014: International Conference on Counter Terrorism and Human Security, Zurich, Switzerland. Published in International Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences, Vol. 8, No. 7. With O. Younus.
• Impact assessment of Central bank autonomy & Exchange rate regimes upon Exchange rate volatility. Global Interdisciplinary Business-Economics Advancement Conference GIBA. Conference Proceeding, pp 242-250. Electronic ISSN: 2333-4207. With S. Raza.
• Impact Assessment of State of Technology & the WTO Trade Related Intellectual Property Rights (TRIPs) Agreement upon the Export Intensity of Textile Sector Exporters. Global Interdisciplinary Business-Economics Advancement Conference GIBA. Conference Proceedings, pp 816-826. Electronic ISSN: 2333-4207. With A. Mehboob.
• Modeling Spillover effects of bilateral Trade upon sustainability of economic growth. ICBEF 2014: International Conference on Business, Economics and Finance. With T. H. Alvi
• Political deprivations, Political risk and the extent of Skilled Labor Migration: Finding of a Time-Series analysis. ICIMHS: International Conference on International Migration and Human Security, Zurich, Switzerland. Published in International Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences Vol. 8, No. 7. With H. Hamid.
• Worked as Consultant on a project titled ’Governance, Legislative structure, Organizational Structure & HR, Infrastructure and Facility Arrangement at PSIC’. (2017).
• Worked as Consultant on a project titled ’Impact Assessment of Removal of Natural Gas Subsidy for Fertilizer Industry and the Cost –Benefit Analysis of allocation of Natural Gas for Cement, Power or the Fertilizer Sector’. (2001-02).
Perfekt! Perfekt! Superb teacher, excellent coach and a reliable mentor. Fortunately, I managed to seek his guidance on methodological issues including modelling of the panel data, using varying and fixed coefficients approach. It was a nice experience for me to practice everything on Stata software. Thanks
A person with good manners and determination to acquire quantitative skills.
Perfekt! A passionate person with lots of academic expertise and the ability of communicate effectively through examples and case studies. His diversity and depth of knowledge in Social sciences, humanities and quantitative research methods, enables him to guide on rather complex issues. This was the second time that I sought his expertise and coaching. I can mention that students who are doing thesis or in process of learning quantitative skills, he is a matchless choice.
Capable person with the drive to seek diversity in competing methodological tools.
Perfekt! I can absolutely recommend Syed to students that are struggling with quantitative methods and statistics (or just if you want to extend your knowledge in these topics). He is a really good teacher and explain things in an easy manner. I have learned a lot from the tutoring with him.
Good hardworking person with good learning attitude.
Syed is passionate, competent and stable headed. Manages time and difficult situations ,effectively. Highly recommended for trouble shooting as part of research/ thesis or in domain of quantitative modeling.
Syed er en fantastisk veileder, som er fleksibel med valg av sin benyttede teknikk, ettersom han innser mangel på studenten sin: lærer matematiske verktøy med forklaring om deres relevans, veldig forståelsesfull og omsorgsfull mann, som bruker tid og forklarer emner i pensum på en enkel og god måte. Til å begynne med var jeg skeptisk til å tilbringe timer med ham gjennom webkameraet, men han klarte ting ypperlig. Det var som om jeg var sammen med ham under samme tak. Syed er en veileder jeg vil anbefale på det sterkeste, og du vil ikke angre et øyeblikk.
An incredibly knowledgeable, helpful and so calm person! So much support I received along the way and with positive feedback which gave me the confidence that no matter how difficult some courses are, it goes with right help. I sought help in quantitative methods to ensure my proficiency. Everything just seems so simple when right person helps and explain it. This right person was Syed. Best teacher.
Passionate and Superb! Syed is a competent teacher with diversity and depth. I managed to grasp many technical concepts in domain of advanced regression. Highly recommended for quantitative methods and economics courses!
Proficient and dependable! Syed is an outstanding researcher as well as an excellent mentor with lots of precision and patience in his coaching and in providing the feedback. I found him to be an extremely professional person with quality knowledge, immense proficiency in research skills and untiring nature. From adjusting my original research notions into well structured research hypothesis, to structuring research design and in choosing quantitative tools to suit research needs, he has been superb. Despite the fact that I spent quite some time while working on my thesis, I was surprised to see how the academic value of my dissertation improved within a short frame of time, because of his continual feedback. With his guidance I was able to experiment Autoregressive distributed lag ARDL models, Autoregressive Moving average ARMA models as well as Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity ARCH models, as part of my dissertation. I would highly recommend Syed, to students of research methods, quantitative modeling and to beginner’s in research who are in search of a mentor who will increase their capabilities drastically over a short space of time.
Syed er fabelaktig og utmerket i sin coaching og problemløsning innenfor forskning og kvantitative metoder. Han er veldig dedikert.
Han gir faglig støtte, veiledning og hjelp til problemløsing på en enestående måte. Det er ingen tvil om at hans faglige kompetanse er på et veldig høyt nivå, og han er samvittighetsfull og ryddig, og jeg opplevde ham som oppriktig opptatt av å ønske og gjøre sitt ytterste for å hjelpe meg til å bli så god som mulig. Han svarte raskt på alle mine henvendelser, noe som gjorde at jeg hadde en god fremgang i arbeidet mitt med emnet. Han har en god skriftlig fremstillingsevne, og det er til stor hjelp når det gjelder veiledning med tanke på oppgaver og / eller forelesninger.
Jeg anbefaler studenter på forskning og kvantitative metoder om å søke veiledning fra han.
There is a saying of Steve Jobs “It didn’t make sense to hire smart people and tell them what to do; we hire smart people so they can tell us what to do.” The competent’ is the expression that comes to mind when I think about Syed. ”He is that smart avid person who inspires everyone in organization with his intellectual, creative, responsible, calm, witty, cool headed attitude. He was second to me in a research project. Every morning he used to come with innovative ideas and strategies. He was really a source of motivation and inspiration at that time, and we applied many of his tactics in our client’s financial and strategy plans. I was always looking forward to enjoy Syed’s capacity to influence a meeting and get people on board with his analytical ideas—even people who were initially on completely different pages.” As a team leader, responsible professional Syed earns my highest respect and recommend.”
I can absolutely recommend Syed to students that are struggling with quantitative methods and statistics (or just if you want to extend your knowledge or skills in applied aspects of quantitative skills). He is a really good teacher and explain things in an easy manner. I have learned a lot from the tutoring with him.
Syed is passionate, enthusiastic and above all, quite a stable headed person with natural inclination to approach rather complex situations, with clarity. His knowledge and exposure to deal with quantitative research seem to be deeply grounded in understanding of econometrics, statistics and mathematics, and he is used to demonstrate expertise in this regard tremendously and repeatedly. His worthy guidance, and comments may especially be seen as invaluable for research students, persons who are doing thesis for the first time in their life, and for those who seek guidance in quantitative methods.
Mr. Syed is hardworking, well organized and carries good communication skills. I have always enjoyed his lectures and formal/ informal discussion sessions. I found him very keen to develop academic and presentation skills in his students. He carries a good combination of quantitative, analytical and presentation skills. Syed has an excellent command in disciplines of business, economic theory, statistics, computing and applied econometrics.
leksehjelpkurs i nærheten? Her er et utvalg av lærerannonser du kan sjekke ut.
Superprof kan også foreslå akademisk støttekurs for å hjelpe deg.
Å lære er ikke et problem, skolecoachingkurs for alle!
Å ta et metodikkkurs har aldri vært enklere: du kommer til å lære nye ferdigheter.
|Hos ham||Hos deg||Via webcam|
|1 time||Ikke tilgjengelig||Ikke tilgjengelig||600kr|
|5 timer||Ikke tilgjengelig||Ikke tilgjengelig||3000kr|
|10 timer||Ikke tilgjengelig||Ikke tilgjengelig||6000kr|