My method is different for every student - everyone is different. The thing that always remains the same is my commitment to actively listen to my students, and creating content that can best get them from where they are to where they want to be. I have many strategies, but to attain real English fluency, I also need a student who is dedicated to learning and who can take initiative to do the work outside of class as well.
I have created two courses, which ultimately work on all English skills, but give more focus to those skills the student needs to improve most.
1. Reading and Writing Class: This class focuses on deeper comprehension of written English, as well as improving the writing skills of the student. This class might be useful to someone who is studying in English or generally in the academic field.
- the course consists of analyzing various pieces of writing within the interest of the student.
- we analyze broad organizational methods and work all the way down to specific word choices.
- I will teach you how to read critically, so everything you read in English becomes a lesson in writing.
- You will submit written assignments, putting the learned techniques immediately into use, which we will then examine together.
*Speaking and listening will still be worked upon in this class, as we will be discussing writing and techniques, and it is always possible to adjust classes to include more pronunciation/speaking exercises.
2. Listening and Speaking Class: This class works on listening comprehension and spoken fluency. This class might be useful to someone who works/presents in English or who plans to travel/live in an English speaking community.
- this course consists of several speaking activities designed to help the learner speak clearly and confidently in many different situations. From giving a presentation at work to meeting with friends, to giving your own ted talk - we will work on word choice, tone and intonation, pronunciation, and most of all, clear and easy fluency.
- I will give you grammar exercises and explanations to either do at home or within the class itself, to help you clear up bad habits and clarify your English.
**All students will also have access to my Facebook group, where I am building an entire video library of lessons, tips and resources.
I am a native speaker of English, originally from Canada, and as such I have a very neutral, clear accent that is easy for learners to understand.
I have taught for more than ten years in seven different countries, and I have had students from all over the world, from several different language groups and cultures.
Personally, I am a writer, a voracious reader, and all-around English/grammar nerd.
I have a 60-hour ESL teaching certificate from Oxford Seminars and a Level 1 TKT certificate from Cambridge.
I am experienced in classroom settings, one-on-one tutoring and exam preparation. I have helped many students pass the whole range of Cambridge exams from the PET to the CAE.
Perfekt! Veldig motiverende lærer, med et godt strukturert opplegg
engelskkurs i nærheten? Her er et utvalg av lærerannonser du kan sjekke ut.
Superprof kan også foreslå engelsk - skriftlig formidlingkurs for å hjelpe deg.
Å lære er ikke et problem, engelsk - muntlig formidlingkurs for alle!
Å ta et TOEFLkurs har aldri vært enklere: du kommer til å lære nye ferdigheter.
|Hos lærer||Hos deg||Via webcam|